Saturday, October 20, 2012

Departure - Oct 19th Friday


Friday, October 19, 2012

As happens with every trip you plan, the day eventually comes when the journey begins. Today is that day.  While I had wished to fly non-stop from Seattle to London, just couldn’t find a flight that worked for us.  In the end, I decided on Delta.  I’m loyal and have just about all my frequent flier miles on them. And while I would have preferred to fly British Air, the cost difference between BA and Delta made my decision pretty easy.

So here we are, 35-40 thousand feet on our way to London in a Boeing 767-400 that departed Minneapolis about two hours ago. The trip from Seattle to Minneapolis was on time, comfortable and uneventful. We had an hour connection to our London flight, but the arrival gate for the Seattle flight was in the same “G” concourse as our London flight.

Minneapolis Airport has some pretty terrific restaurants. We discovered one next to our departure gate that has a very futuristic theme with Ipads at every table, no cash accepted (credit cards only), and the menu a self-select and order on the Ipad.  We ordered two Salad Nicoise and a beet salad to go, that arrived just as our flight began to board.  Glad we did as the selection on the flight was as you would expect.

Seats are comfy and I’m hoping to get some sleep. The flight time is just under 8-hours and we’re two hours into it.  I’m not too hopeful of a good night’s sleep, but Donna has her eyeshades on, her ear plugs in, and wishing herself to sleep. I’ll let you know how it worked out when we land on Saturday.

Goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment