Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Did I tell you about the apartment?


Oh yes, I think I forgot to really tell you about the apartment we're staying in. It's a 4-Star facility with exceptional service. But did I tell you that it takes 85 stairs and 8 landings to reach our front door.  You really don't want to forget anything once you leave in the morning -- it's a hell of a hike to get back.  But the service staff seems to do it with ease.  Daily maid service brings in fresh linens and towels daily, fully cleans, and seem to manage with smiles on their faces.  I have trouble smiling until after I can catch my breath.

The apartment is dated, but then everything in London seems dated. I think the building is 19th century, and the apartments have been updated to post WWII. The baths and kitchen are very new and adequate. There's even a washing machine in the kitchen,but no dryer. We're drying damp clothes on the radiators (which have also been recently updated).  I would definitely stay here again, but would plead for an apartment on a lower floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment