Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We Leave Tomorrow

Donna and I finally finished packing last night. While international weight restrictions and the number of bags you can take are really generous, once in China we're restricted by Chinese airline regulations for domestic flights within China to a maximum of one checked bag not to exceed 44-pounds, and one carry-on not to exceed (get this) 11-pounds. My camera and computer weigh nearly 6-pounds together, my daypack carry-on is 2-pounds. I'll have to figure out how to lighten the load by putting as much as possible in the checked luggage which now weighs in at 35-pounds.

This is by far the best we've ever packed for a trip. I know we'll be happy we did once we start to tour. The schedule is rigorous, although we do have a few days to recouperate from the flight to Beijing before we join the tour. The last we heard there were a total of twelve including the four of us, Donna, friends Karen Sloss and Merrilee Kullman, and myself. I'll get a group shot when we meet up on the 18th.

Winter Sunrise 2

With the weather in the 80's in Beijing, its nice to recall just what it is we're leaving. This photo was taken from our deck just a few months ago.

Winter View from Deck 4

And this gives you an idea of just how much snow we received. When we moved to Bellingham, we were told that is rarely snowed, and when it did, the snow melted within a day. Believe me, this was not a day melt snow. The snow is sitting on our patio table, which was fortunately covered.

If you care to see more, follow the link to my Flicker Page. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment